Veteran European Bowling Tour competitor Peter Hellström of Sweden outperformed his challengers in the final three rounds to win his third European Bowling Tour title in the Kegel Aalborg International 2016 Sunday at Lovvang Bowling Center in Aalborg, Denmark, topping 13-time champion Osku Palermaaof Finland and Norwegian champion Glenn Morten Pedersen.
Hellström, who won his other titles in 2003 and 2012, took the lead in final round two and never looked back. He posted a 279 in the penultimate game of the fourth round to hold an insurmountable 132-pin lead heading into the last game.
While Hellström sealed the victory with 157 and 2324 total to collect the 5.000 Euro first place check, Palermaa, who also owns five PBA titles, closed in on the lead with 231 to earn second place and 3.500 Euro with 2270 pinfall total.
Pedersen was mere 14 pins behind to land in third place with 2256, worth 2.500 Euro. Two-time EBT titlist Kamilla Kjeldsen of Denmark was the best of 38 women in fourth place with 2217 including 8 pins handicap each game. Kjeldsen earned 2.00 Euro.
The Kegel Aalborg International 2016 drew 127 players from eight countries, a loss of 35 players or 21.6 percent compared to last year (162). The KAI was held May 23-29 at 30-lane Lovvang Bowling Center in Aalborg, Denmark.
The tournament was the sixth stop of the 2016 European Bowling Tour season and the second out of three EBT “silver” tournaments, the second-lowest of four tournament categories.
Players competed for total prize money of 40.000 Euro with 5.000 Euro going to the winner, 3.500 to the runner-up and 2.500 to the third-place finisher. Low to cash was 38th place, worth 500 Euro.
Qualifying (six games, unlimited re-entries) ran through Saturday, May 28, and concluded with the one-game Desperado Squad. Women received 8 pins handicap each game (maximum score is 300), an equality handicap provided to women in all EBT events.
Total 38 players, including the top 30 players from the overall qualifying standings, the top two players of squads 5-6, the top three players of squads 1-4 (who are not among the top 30) and the top three of the Desperado Squad advanced to the finals on Sunday, May 29. The top eight qualifiers received two byes, while qualifiers 9-18 got a first-round bye.
The first two rounds of the finals, each consisting of four games scratch, trimmed the field to 28 and then 18 players. Those 18 bowled six games scratch before the field was cut to the top eight. Round 3 pinfall carried over.
The remaining eight players bowled another four games. The player with the highest 10-game total including handicap was declared the winner.
The 2016 European Bowling Tour currently consists of 16 tournaments in 11 countries featuring three “Platinum” events, three “Gold”, four “Silver” and six “Satellite” events. All tournaments together offer total prize fund of roughly 850.000 Euro.
The top 50 men and the top 50 women in each event receive ranking points. Those points will be tabulated throughout the season to determine the top 12 men and top 12 women, who will be eligible to compete in the 10th EBT Masters May 29, 2017, at Lovvang Bowling Center in Aalborg, Denmark.
The 2016 European Bowling Tour commences with the Odense International, an EBT “satellite” tournament which will be held from May 29 through June 5 at Odense Bowling Center in Odense, Denmark.
Lovvang Bowling Center in Aalborg, Denmark (May 23-29, 2016)
|Pos||Player||Country||Round 3||G1||G2||G3||G4||Round 4||Avg.||Hc||Total||Money|
|1.||Peter Hellström||Sweden||1457||231||200||279||157||867||216.75||2324||5.000 Euro|
|2.||Osku Palermaa||Finland||1417||201||202||219||231||853||213.25||2270||3.500 Euro|
|3.||Glenn Morten Pedersen||Norway||1361||206||225||241||223||895||223.75||2256||2.500 Euro|
|4.||Kamilla Kjeldsen||Denmark||1362||205||230||175||213||823||205.75||48||2217||2.000 Euro|
|5.||Anton Elofsson||Sweden||1287||216||211||268||227||922||230.50||2209||1.800 Euro|
|6.||Daniel Fransson||Sweden||1291||172||172||258||214||816||204.00||2107||1.600 Euro|
|7.||Dan Östergaard-Poulsen||Denmark||1303||190||187||179||217||773||193.25||2076||1.400 Euro|
|8.||Jeroen van Geel||Netherlands||1315||211||198||155||188||752||188.00||32||2067||1.200 Euro|
Places 9-38 (Cashers)
9. Dominic Barrett, England, 900 Euro
10. Anton Ahlgren, Sweden, 900 Euro
11. Pontus Andersson, Sweden, 900 Euro
12. Markus Jansson, Sweden, 900 Euro
13. Mikael Roos, Sweden, 900 Euro
14. Anders Lousdal, Denmark, 900 Euro
15. Kristian Persson, Sweden, 900 Euro
16. Richard Teece, England, 900 Euro
17. Jesper Agerbo, Denmark, 900 Euro
18. Britt Brøndsted, Denmark, 900 Euro
19. Magnus Johnson, Sweden, 700 Euro
20. Thomas Larsen, Denmark, 700 Euro
21. Sascha Wedel, Denmark, 700 Euro
22. Svein Åke Ek, Norway, 700 Euro
23. Jimmy Mortensen, Denmark, 700 Euro
24. Benjamin Jonsson, Sweden, 700 Euro
25. Filip Wilhelmsson, Sweden, 700 Euro
26. Jesper Larsen, Sweden, 700 Euro
27. Emanuel Jonsson, Sweden, 700 Euro
28. Markus Bergendorff, Denmark, 700 Euro
29. Mik Stampe, Denmark, 500 Euro
30. Rikke Holm Agerbo, Denmark, 500 Euro
31. Tore Torgersen, Norway, 500 Euro
32. Mikael Brändeskov, Denmark, 500 Euro
33. Sofia Myllymäki, Sweden, 500 Euro
34. Andreas Gripp, Germany, 500 Euro
35. Carsten W arming Hansen, Denmark, 500 Euro
36. Robin Persson, Sweden, 500 Euro
37. Martin Öager Pedersen, Denmark, 500 Euro
38. Öyvin Kulseng, Norway, 500 Euro
300 games (3) – Martin Öager Pedersen, Jeroen van Geel and Jesper Agerbo.
Informācijas ņemta no: http://www.bowlingdigital.com/bowl/node/15435